Updated: Jun 4, 2019
It's #SUPtipTuesday!! Today's #tip is "Find Your Weakness"... and attack it with courage and conviction! Is paddling upwind your nemesis? What about the surf zone? Long, slow, boring distances? Yoga and flexibility?!?
Whatever it is that makes you say, "I'm not good at that," is what you should probably attack.
For me it's always been running 😉
The tip is to dedicate at least one training session each week to that "thing" that you absolutely hate, that you're not good at, your weakness. The thing you usually avoid, even if its written into your training plan. Attacking this weakness serves many purposes:
1. If we successfully identify and work on a weakness, often times it becomes one of our strengths.
2. With dedicated, intentional practice on something we're not good at (yet) we evolve into a better, more-well-rounded human being.
3. Breaking through mental barriers always feels good!
4. Shoring up a weakness often leads to more physical balance and improved fitness. . .
By identifying our weakness
They often become our strengths.
#SUPtip #TuesdayTip #TrainingTuesday #TuesdayTraining #Tuesday #Training #TipTuesday #SUPtips #Fitness #SUP #StandUpPaddle #StandUpPaddleboarding #Athlete #OceanAthlete #Motivation #Watersports #WatersportsAthlete #SUPgirl #SaltLife #LiveSalty
If you liked this TIP, be sure to explore OTHER tips!! Here or with #SUPtipTuesday on Instagram!!
7. Try a Band for engaging your lower body
8. Tape your Paddle
15. Re-Coil a stretched out leash
16. Eat the COOKIE
19. Balance lateral strength
20. Be the FEMBOT
21. T-Spine Rotation
23. Wear sun protection
24. You can do anything
25. Long Slow Paddles
26. Long Slow Paddles, Part 2
27. PLAY (1-legged-turns)
28. Max Heart Rate
29. Pack your Paddles
30. EZ Fin Screw
33. Turn Weaknesses into Strengths